Creative Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative Workshop

A meeting place for artists, photographers and writers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Greetings from Bonnie Scotland

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kate Gould

Kate Gould

Greetings from Bonnie Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Bonnie Scotland   Greetings from Bonnie Scotland EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 5:21 am

I realised, when I sat down to write a bit of blurb about myself, that a great deal of my time is taken up with my pet rats, Texas and Carolina - cleaning their cage, making exciting things for them to play in, lugging bags of bedding home. I'm typing this with them down my jumper, in fact. I do have the occasional encounter with someone who isn't a rodent. Reading is generally of the Marianne Wiggins intense depiction of a relationship variety, but it varies. Other times, all I want is a good old-fashioned tale of devotion. Or something entirely unexpected. Perhaps something monumentally tragic if I'm feeling brave, though after a horrible 2009 (did anyone have a good 2009?), light and happy are my key words for 2010. To that end, I've taken my first foray into chick lit with a hefty bag of bright books from the charity shop.

To pay the vet bills and the rent, I'm also chief editorial consultant at Fine Line Editorial an online editorial consultancy for writers who've yet to pen a word to those with a mountain of manuscripts in need of a critical eye. There are pieces by working writers on how they work, tips and advice to get and keep you going, and columns on classic texts by female authors. Hope you enjoy it if you take a look.
Back to top Go down
http://www.editorial-consultancy.co.uk
Shelagh

Shelagh

Greetings from Bonnie Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Bonnie Scotland   Greetings from Bonnie Scotland EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:48 pm

Hi Kate,

Welcome to the forum! I stayed in Glasgow for twenty-six years. Greetings from Bonnie Scotland 258715
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk

Greetings from Bonnie Scotland
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creative Workshop :: Welcome-
Jump to: