Creative Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative Workshop

A meeting place for artists, photographers and writers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Brain Injury

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lorifinnila

My Brain Injury Empty
PostSubject: My Brain Injury   My Brain Injury EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 4:39 pm

Lori Finnila received her brain injury through domestic violence.

A non-fictional account of the misunderstandings about brain injury and how the differences of each can be misunderstood and how this can make such a great impact on one's life.

This is a book of acceptance where she knows how it feels to feel completely unaccepted for her new medical status in her life and searches for new meaning to her life and has to find an acceptance in herself and her own strengths to carry this through and on for the rest of her life.

This book is ideal for those brain injured or their families but not limited to where there are many types of injuries that can go through the same life changing transformations.

Where this is also a book of pain and sorrow after our life as changed unexpectedly others can also identify and learn how to come around from it in general.

Coming to terms with her injuries, the author has learned to lead a different life from the past of a lifestyle of designer clothes and expensive food to economizing, being thrifty with money and clothes and even resorting to begging for assistance. With time, the author had also learned to allow her brain to heal through the correct nutritional diet and through understanding her body signs of when to relax, of moving on with her life and of finding an outlet such as writing, to help her explain to a wide readership how she felt during these times and encourage others to realize what they can achieve.

The author's strength and amazing ability to pull through what seemed a recurrent nightmare and to recover despite the extreme hardships she had to endure is convincing as an account to help others achieve what could initially be seen as an impossible accomplishment.

Coll B Lue, Literary Review, London, England

http://www.TurnerMaxwellBooks.com
Back to top Go down
pammyz

pammyz

My Brain Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Brain Injury   My Brain Injury EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:26 pm

Hello Lori, congratulations on your achievements! cheers
Pamela Jansen
Author of How I Became A Fearless Woman
www.pamelajansen.com
http://fearlesswoman.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.pamelajansen.com
lorifinnila

My Brain Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Brain Injury   My Brain Injury EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 10:56 pm

Thank you so much Pamela. It's an honor to have met you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Brain Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Brain Injury   My Brain Injury Empty

Back to top Go down

My Brain Injury
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creative Workshop :: Writing :: Books-
Jump to: