Creative Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative Workshop

A meeting place for artists, photographers and writers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How I Became A Fearless Woman by Pamela Jansen

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pammyz

pammyz

How I Became A Fearless Woman by Pamela Jansen Empty
PostSubject: How I Became A Fearless Woman by Pamela Jansen   How I Became A Fearless Woman by Pamela Jansen EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 10:34 am

This is my story about overcoming the effects of a traumatic brain injury, caused by a car accident. I'm just the average woman, in other words, I am not placing myself above anyone. I realized that I had been given a choice between, existing or living a full life. I chose the latter.
I wanted to share this with the person who has lost any hope to see that change is possible. I am referring to the change in our outlook on ourselves. We must love ourselves. I believe, that is where inner peace and healing begins.

I knew for a fact that God allowed me to remain here on earth, but there were times when the reasons seemed very cloudy. I also knew that every one of us had struggles of some sort or another, but life had become very challenging for this one. For instance, say that you've been striving very hard for something and you are just beginning to see the fruits. Out of the blue, there's this feeling of insignificance trying to tell you to just give up, that you will never achieve. Don't listen. All of us have that weak inner self that is so much against our succeeding because it is scared, and until we learn to recognize that voice, it has won. There finally came a time, after 25 years and over 30 surgeries, that I came to realize this is it, and it's OK to be different. I am enough. My goals in writing this book are not only to share my story with accident victims, but also for the person who has not experienced a physical loss, yet emotionally they are overcome.Ever since the day I began sharing my story with people, it was as if I had been buttered up and frosted like an angel food cake. It seemed as if no one wanted to see me hurt any more than I had been already.

To them, Pam was such an over comer. What had yet to be witnessed though, was the anger inside, pushed down so deep that even I was not about to confront it. I was furious that this happened. Why me? Why not me was the question that I had to accept. I didn't come to a resolution for years.

HOW I BECAME A FEARLESS WOMAN by Pamela Jansen, is AVAILABLE ONLINE @ Amazon, Ingram, Barnes & Noble, NACSCORP and Baker & Taylor.

The title of my book stems from another one that I'm featured in, Fearless Women: Midlife Portraits by Nancy Alspaugh and Marilyn Kentz, photography by Mary Ann Halpin. You know............ if I would have even imagined the fact, while I'd be driving through Malibu Canyon on my way to the ocean in my 850 Spider Fiat with the top down listening to Joni Mitchell sing, "California... California, I'm comin home," full blast on my eight track tape player, (OK I'm aging myself), but if I could even have imagined that in app. 25 years, I'd be a fellow bookie w/Joni... Awesome ♥️ I speak to different groups about my story and how to never lose hope, or they will give in to that fear of defeat. Acting became a love of mine that I am not about to shake. I began studying in 2001 because, I realized... If I can't get there behind the camera, I'll get there in front!
Copyright ©️ 2007 by Pamela Jansen All rights reserved.

AGAIN, HOW I BECAME A FEARLESS WOMAN by PAMELA JANSEN IS AVAILABLE ONLINE @ AMAZON, INGRAM, BARNES AND NOBLE, BAKER & TAYLOR AND NACSCORP.

THANKS FOR READING cheers

Last edited by pammyz on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.pamelajansen.com
pammyz

pammyz

PostSubject: Re: How I Became A Fearless Woman by Pamela Jansen   How I Became A Fearless Woman by Pamela Jansen EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:06 pm

cheers I was just experimenting w/wondering why nobody has received a comment. OK, I gotta go show some support. cheers
Back to top Go down
lorifinnila

PostSubject: Re: How I Became A Fearless Woman by Pamela Jansen   How I Became A Fearless Woman by Pamela Jansen EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 11:00 pm

Beautiful writeup.
Back to top Go down
pammyz

pammyz

PostSubject: Re: How I Became A Fearless Woman by Pamela Jansen   How I Became A Fearless Woman by Pamela Jansen EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 12:34 am

Thanks Lori. Have a good night and sweet dreams dear I love you
Back to top Go down
lorifinnila

PostSubject: Re: How I Became A Fearless Woman by Pamela Jansen   How I Became A Fearless Woman by Pamela Jansen EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 12:48 am

You too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How I Became A Fearless Woman by Pamela Jansen   How I Became A Fearless Woman by Pamela Jansen Empty

Back to top Go down

How I Became A Fearless Woman by Pamela Jansen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creative Workshop :: Writing :: Books-
Jump to: